Mom loses fingers, toes, part of leg after rug burn triggers severe infection

A Wisconsin woman who tripped over her dog in June 2015 is still dealing with the ramifications of what seemed like a simple rug burn after she landed in... Read more »

Weight Watchers under fire for children’s weight loss app that critics say promotes eating disorders

Weight Watchers came under fire this month after releasing a weight loss app for children and young teens that critics says encourages eating disorders. WW, formerly known as Weight Watchers,... Read more »

Lack of flu shots for migrants at CBP detention centers a concern, critics say

U.S. Customs and Border Protection agents and their medical contractors do not administer influenza vaccines to migrants being held at detention centers along the U.S.-Mexico border, reports said Tuesday. “In general,... Read more »

One dead, over 100 sickened in Spain’s pork listeria outbreak

A 90-year-old woman in Spain has died, marking the first fatality linked to an outbreak of listeria that has sickened over 100 others. About half of those remain hospitalized,... Read more »

Plague-infected prairie dogs in Colorado pose health risk to humans, areas of wildlife refuge remain closed

Parts of a wildlife refuge near Denver, Colorado, remain closed after a colony of prairie dogs was infected with plague, a serious bacterial infection that can spread to humans,... Read more »

61 magnetic balls pulled from boy’s stomach after complaints of intense pain

A 6-year-old boy in China landed in the hospital after he swallowed more than 60 magnetic balls while his parents weren’t looking. The boy, who was not named by news... Read more »

Woman left with ‘Harry Potter’ scar after skin cancer removed from forehead

WARNING: GRAPHIC IMAGES BELOW A British woman who used tanning beds for years later developed skin cancer on her forehead that, after it was removed, left her with a... Read more »

Breast cancer guidelines say more women may need gene test

More women may benefit from gene testing for hereditary breast or ovarian cancer, especially if they’ve already survived cancer once, an influential health group recommended Tuesday. At issue are... Read more »

Florida teen says vaping caused lung to collapse: ‘I couldn’t breathe’

A Florida teen who developed a hole in his right lung that later caused it to collapse blames his recent health scare on vaping. Chance Ammirata, 18, told CBS This... Read more »

Deadly mosquito-borne virus found in second Massachusetts resident, state health officials say

A second Massachusetts resident has been diagnosed with the potentially deadly Eastern Equine Encephalitis (EEE) virus, state health officials announced late last week. A man between the ages of... Read more »