Man’s 20-foot tapeworm linked to this eating habit


Many guys around the world enjoy beef. But one man in China happened to have an affinity for eating it raw, which can lead to getting infected—or inhabited—by harmful organisms.

In this case, the man ingested a tapeworm with one of his raw beef meals.

HOW A NEARLY BRAIN DEAD ‘MIRACLE MAN’ SURVIVED AFTER BEING TAKEN OFF LIFE SUPPORT

By the time doctors discovered it, the tapeworm had grown to 20 feet in length, reported Live Science.

The man went to the doctor after experiencing stomach pain and severe weight loss for three days.

The report showed he had lost over 11 pounds within that timeframe.

However, the man had also gone to the doctor multiple times over the last two years, getting treatment for stomach pain and anemia.

WOMAN’S CHEST PAIN DIAGNOSED AS ‘SPIRALING ESOPHAGUS’: WHAT’S THAT? 

How did doctors figure out the problem this time and not the others?

During this painful episode, the man brought in part of the tapeworm that he had found in his stool.

Once the tapeworm was identified, doctors gave him an oral antibiotic to expel the tapeworm that day. Three months later, the man got relief from his symptoms as well as his affinity for raw beef.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

The case report was published in The New England Journal of Medicine in January 2016.



The put upMan’s 20-foot tapeworm linked to this eating habitappeared first on Fox News

Recommended For You

American News

About the Author: American News

Leave a Reply

avatar
  Subscribe  
Notify of